Race with us
Our goal is that everyone who drives with us has a great time as well as to obviously win races. One really nice thing about endurance racing is that there is plenty of seat time. Not only is that more time to have fun, but is a great way to gain experience and become a better driver, and there are numerous opportunities to join us.
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We prefer that you have previous race experience. This is a no contact series, and we take that seriously.
- You’ve ideally raced with WRL before
- We expect that you have previous race experience
- You’ve never been barred by any organization for misconduct
- Minimally, you must have achieved Solo level in HPDE exercising expanded passing rules. At this level we will want to see you drive first hand.
- Experience racing Boxsters is a plus
- Have read the WRL rules
- Driving resumes are helpful
- Video is helpful
Our cars are specially built and setup for WRL endurance racing. Both 336 and 134 are 986 Porsche Boxsters, and include:
- Radio communications (IMSA type connection)
- Cool shirt systems
- Lap timers
- Video with telemetry
- Configurable seats (within range limitations)
- Fire supression systems
What to Expect
Show up and drive:
- You'll need WRL approved safety equipement: e.g. helment, Hans device, gloves
- Equipment check-in is the day before the race. This is only needed once per year.
- Practice at the event location is the day before the first race
- As needed, we'll practice driver changes and pit stops
- Driving order will be discussed based on specific event strategy
What we Expect
Keep in mind this is endurance racing, not sprint racing and certainly not NASCAR
- Make safe passes and avoid contact
- Heel-toe and rev matching is a must for the longevity of the transmission
- Smooth and fluid shifts, i.e. not jamming the shifter into gears
Based on finishing position we will contribute to our list of charities.